An intranet is a private network used by companies for better and secure communication among management and employees.
Intranet works just like the internet, but its firewall restricts any unauthorized user to enter. It increases communication among company employees. They can share secured databases, forms, analytics, and other restricted information without any security concerns.
Many people think that they don’t need a company intranet as they are doing fine without it, but the intranet helps a lot in preventing a security breach. According to a report estimated 4.2 billion records were leaked in the first half of 2018, and if you have never faced this issue before, then you have been very lucky.
There are so many reasons why your organization needs a company intranet, and some of them are listed below.
- Intranet improves and simplifies communication within an organization.
- It is a more secure and reliable option than the internet.
- It helps in better collaboration between other teams, employees, and departments within an organization. Therefore, it promotes better working relations between employees and management, leading to an improved corporate culture.
- Intranet makes it easier for companies and HR departments to store employee database, updates, company policies, and reports. It also makes it easier for employees to access that information, when required.
- It allows your staff and you to work remotely, which increases productivity.
A corporate Intranet is a necessity for every business, from small to big enterprises. You need to implement this because your company needs it, and your staff needs it more than any other thing.