If you know what SEO is, then you may know its mystery too. Well, some digital mysteries don’t have an ending or any dynamic conclusions. The mysterious questions lingering on our minds all the time is ‘WHAT ARE SEARCH ENGINES LOOKING FOR?’ or ‘ HOW CAN ONE BUILD A WEBSITE WHICH IS EASILY ACCESSIBLE AND TRACEABLE FOR SEARCH ENGINES AND AUDIENCE?’ or ‘HOW CAN SEO MAKE ANY WEBSITE’S PRESENCE TRACEABLE?’.
The purpose of SEO is to create a great, smooth and easily accessible user experience. The actual task is to communicate to the search engines your intentions (content), so they can recommend your website for relevant searches. SEO will help you position your website properly to be found at the most critical position in the SERP or when people need your site.
LOOKING FOR : Search engines want to do their jobs as best as possible; So they look for all the websites and figure out how & what will be relevant to the user.
- Content: It is determined by the text on the page, the theme that is being given, and the titles and descriptions that are given. (THIS SHOULD ALWAYS BE SERVING THE PURPOSE OF YOUR WEBSITE)
- Authorised Links: If your links aren’t authorised and link your customer to irrelevant pages, then stop it right now. It is always advisable to use trustworthy links which provides extra and inter-related information.
- Performance: How fast is your site and does it work properly? The optimum speed of the website makes you more credible and rank higher on the SERPs. If your site doesn’t have an optimum speed and is not easily accessible, then your website easily loses its credibility.
- User Experience: How does the site look? Is it easy to navigate around? Does it look safe? Does it have a high bounce rate? It is important to ensure that the user is comfortable while using your website-they can navigate easily on your site and expect the desired results easily.
- Focus on Your Meta data: Your content on your site should have title tags and meta descriptions. Meta Description should be unique and also speak to that specific page.
- Keyword strategy: It is not only important to implement keywords on-site, but should extend to other off-site platforms, which is why you should also be thinking about multi-channel optimization such as on Facebook Twitter etc.
WATCH OUT FOR: If you are trying to outsmart the Search Engine, then there you are making a fool out of yourself. If you provide:
- Keyword Stuffing: Overuse of keywords on your pages can be the factor which will make your site less credible and unattractive or relevant to the Search Engines. So, do not overstuff those keywords-just using it 2 or 3 times will be fine.
- Poor User Experience: You do not want higher bounce rate. So, make it easy for your user to get around. As, too many ads and making it too difficult for people to find content they’re looking for will only increase your bounce rate.
FINAL THOUGHTS: It is always advisable that you should always follow best SEO practices & keep SEO as the vanguard in your business mind. If you skip or opt for unprofessional SEO services, then there is a higher probability of you creating a mess around rather than generating revenue.